Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need baked bean recipe

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple weeks ago someone posted a recipe for baked beans that used apple pie filling and chipotle powder. Can someone point me to it? I made them for my daughters rehearsal dinner and they were real spicy and real good. -RP

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    It's Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans. Someone just posted it a few days ago.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
    2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
    1/2 c. Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
    1 lb. smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
    1 can apple pie filling
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, chopped
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbsp. Mustard (prepared)
    1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
    1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutes if you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

This recipe began life as APPLE PIE BAKED BEANS from somewhere on the web, but I think I've made enough changes to it now to claim it as my own. This is my standard for baked beans anymore.

*This is a rather spicy recipe due to the chipotle/cayenne powder. Feel free to leave it out if you'll be feeding those who prefer a less spicy taste.

__._,_.___

__,_._,___
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Randy,

You will have mail in just a minute...

Kent
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Randy,
    Try this.
    [url]C:\Documents and Settings\Ross A. Maehl\My Documents\Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans - Topic Powered by eve community.mht[/url]
    Ross
  • Porky1
    Porky1 Posts: 17
    Options
    After you and your guests try this recipe of Keri's you will never need another bean recipe,it's that good.

:)
  • Porky1
    Porky1 Posts: 17
    Options
    After you and your guests try this recipe of Keri's you will never need another bean recipe,it's that good.

:)
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280
    Options
    Agreed 100% about the Kerri Hoggs recipe. I made it for the first time, right before fathers day, and have made it about 10 times since. I've also given the recipe to everyone that's eaten them. It's fantastic!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you guys are amazing. -RP
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Randy,

I cook these beans but substitute peaches instead of apples... :silly:
    they are great.......