Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pittsburgh-Tsunami Beer Butt

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I cooked a 3.5-lb chicken with Tsunami Spin rub over a can half filled with Iron City beer plus a bit of rub. I was able to persuade my husband to give up a can of his precious Iron City (not available locally) for this purpose and he ended up glad I did. [p]So thanks to NB for the rub and my husband's birthplace for the Iron City.[p]This was great.[p]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Janet,
    Happy to hear you enjoyed it! Man, I haven't had Iron City in ages. I never even see it around here anymore. Glad hubby got over the fact that you stuck his precious beer in the birds rear! Smiley.[p]Thanks!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Corridor Wines in Laurel, Md. for Iron City. I splurged at that store last week while in Baltimore on business. Amazing store for someone living up here in the sticks.[p]Janet[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Janet,
    Whoahh nelly! I grew up in Laurel, MD. Don't remember Corridor Wines though. Then again, I haven;t lived there for 20 years. I wonder if it is like the "Total Beverage"stores we have here....like a grocery store-sized place to buy beer and wine?? So many choices it is hard to decide?[p]A great tuesday to you!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Nature Boy, a true wino would simply start at the entrance door and work your way thru, isle by isle. Just keep moving your marker. Works good till they re arrange the store or add a new product behind your back...:-)
    C~W still on isle 1..but gaining.
    :-)[p]

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Hey I thought we hung this handle in the rafters after the forum member retired. Good to see your name on this board again.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Sounds like you have a little practice working your way through those aisles, C~W. :~)[p]Hey, now that you're here, why don't you put your feet up and stay... this being your second home and all.... sure would be nice to have you around.[p]WD

• Jethro and Woopups...hey, I goofed and forgot where I was. You all are having lots of fun so I won't spoil the party.
    Thanks for the invite tho..warms me blood pumper..:-)
    C dub Ya!