Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some pictures of Saturday with the EGG

Options
King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LETSEAT.JPG
<p />The following pics depict the results of a deranged EGGhead's attempts at killing a weekend. Photos can be deceiving. These tasted great, but the new test-run at indirect has led me to realize I need to add additionl heat,, or time. These were egged at a steady 200 degrees for 5 complete hours. The lighter colored ribs are Nature Boy's Ginger/Mahogany. I said before that I would be painfully honest,, so here it goes. They were probably the best thing I ever put in my mouth,,,, but mine were too. It's amazing! The variation in flavors is quite stark,, but I,, nor the wife could decide which one was best. I'm happy with the results due to their being no winners and certainly no losers. Keep in mind, that I postponed doing a batch of Cat's, because I didn't have juniper berrys. Hers could have been the deciding factor of whether there was one batch better than the rest. But enjoy the pics, I will try to get more to come up,, but someones server is slow today.

Comments

• RIBSFINISH.JPG
    <p />They looked great,, but didn't quite have that slightly darker crust I'm accustomed to. Again,, the lighter colored ones are the Ginger/Mahogany.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    K.O.C.,
    Nice pictures!! Wish I could've been there to sample. Thanks for the great report, and for giving the recipe a shot. [p]That's a hell of a plate of food in the first post!![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Nature Boy, I didn't eat it all. I lost my appitite when I started crying cause the ribs were not falling-apart tender. I was tempted to just cut them into individual pieces and suck the flavor off them. But I made another run at them after the Jenn-Air inside city cooker finished them off. I said I couldn't decide which I liked better,, but when I made my second pass, I got a half slab of Ginger/Mahogeny. I normally leave the Oriental flavor to the real Oriental cooks. But now, I have a start to a new flavor group. "Asian/Redneck". I hope everybody takes the time to give your ribs a try. I'm glad I did. I will spring them on Guru next week. He will like them,,,, Mikey likes everything.