Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chilean sea bass recipe wanted

Options
Haggis
Haggis Posts: 998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe for Chilean sea bass?

For those not familiar - these are large white flesh fish but lacking any strong flavor. They are often sold/served in pieces roughly the size of a beef filet mignon.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go

Sea Bass, Chilean

Ingredients
    1 8oz Chilean Sea Bass filet
    10 med shrimp (peeled and deveined)
    1/3 cup cream
    tarragon

Procedure
    1 In a hot All Clad skillet add about 3 teaspoons of oil.
    2 Swirl oil all over pan surface.
    3 Season seabass with salt and pepper.
    4 Place the filet into the pan and begin to sear.
    5 Sear about 1-1 1/2 minutes a side.
    6 Turn and place into a preheated 350 overn.Cook about 12-15 minutes if it is a thick piece.
    7 Remove from the oven (use a mitt, the handle is hot).
    8 Remove fish to a plate and cover.
    9 In the same skillet add about 1 cup of wine to deglaze.
    10 When the wine is almost evaporated add the cream and tarragon (tear into smaller picecs if you like).
    11 Add the shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp are cooked and sauce thickens.
    12 Ladle on the tarragon shrimp sauce onto the Chilean Seabass

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Source: Chef and The Fat Man

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    if you have oriental steaming baskets and a wok you can do my steamed thing. .. .its fantastic. .. basically in the cold wok put 3 parts sweet sherry to 1 part soy sauce. .. run cold water all over your steamer baskets (keeps them from burning in your egg). . . lay a bed of spinach leaves in each basket. .. put the fish pieces on the spinach leaves. . .lays some finely sliced slivers of ginger and scallion on top of each piece of fish. . .put the top on the baskets. .. fire up a load of lump. .. . set the baskets in the cold wok and set the wok in the egg over the hot fire. ...close the dome ... check it after about 10 minutes. . .if the liquid is evaporating in the wok, add some more sherry to the wok. . . should take about 15 to 20 minutes for the fish to be completely done .. . serve the fish with the spinach in big shallow bowls with some of the sherry/soy sauce 'broth' from the wok over it ...fantastic. . .one of the best things i've ever made. .. .
  • Haggis
    Options
    Does it have to be an All-Clad skillet?

:lol:

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Haggis
    Options
    Thanks, Max!

I think you might recall that my spouse is Chinese - this recipe is similar to some she uses regularly.
  • Haggis
    Options
    Thanks, Max!

I think you might recall that my spouse is Chinese - this recipe is similar to some she uses regularly.
  • Marlin Darlin
    Options
    Some people love it with a ragout of Spotted Owl. Just kidding. Chilean Sea Bass ( Patagonian Tooth Fish) has been overfished to the critical stage. While the texture is superb, I stopped using it or ordering it out several years ago. Please pick a fish from a more stable population. Thanks! Janet