Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Wal-Mart Royal Oak on sale

BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made in the USA.

IMG_1150.jpg

I bought the last 10 bags B)
IMG_1149.jpg
·

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,595
    You got a deal. I just purchased five bags at $5.27 earlier today. But even that price is good so I'm not upset. Some say they can't even get it at their Walmart stores.

Won't be long before I'm old enough to be a Walmart Greeter.

Spring "Welcome To Walmart" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Around here (updtate NY) you can't find lump after Labor Day. More scarse than hen's teeth....couldn't resist ;)
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    SC:
    I'm in Katy and have only had the BGE for about 3 months. Is lump available year around to our part of the world or do you have to stock during the "cold" season?
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Great find.

GG
    ·
    Walmart has it pretty much year round now. Red bag. 10# for $5.27 most of the time.

Big Green Egg lump is about twice that.

B&B is also available year round.

Kroger and H.E.B. now carry their own line and it's not bad.

You'll be okay.

Ever over in Spring, come by for a spell.

Spring "Raining In The Sunshine" Chicken
    ·
    You need a storage shed.

Spring "Stocking Up" Chicken
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Last winter I had trouble finding lump and had to buy kingsford twice :( . Everyday price for Wegmans which is good is 4.64. I'll be stocking up as well before labor day.
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Did we ever find out if the rumor that Wal-Mart wasn't going to carry Royal Oak anymore, was true? Someone said that Royal Oak was sick and tired of the obsticles that Wal-Mart puts their suppliers thru, and told them where to put their lump.
    ·
  • RivermuteRivermute Posts: 35
    I know lump reviews have been done to death but how does Royal Oak stack up to the BGE brand? In Ontario BGE lump goes for over $20 a bag!!! For that price it better come with a pit assistant. Royal Oak is readily available and 1/4 of the price. In the winter lump is nonexistant.. not sure why people don't want to BBQ in minus 40c weather..
    ·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Let's be tag team partners at Walmart.Be 72 this August.Lump has gone up in the past 18 months.Was lucky to find Humphrey's lump for $9.00 per 20 lb. bag in Baltimore.
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    I love the stuff. It does all the things I need outta lump. Someone said it was the same mfgr. as BGE lump. It's a bargain, if you can find it. Burns clean and hot. Ash production isn't an issue. Hope you can get lots up there.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Royal Oak=BGE
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I'm a fan of it:

Lump.jpg
    ·
  • OKCeggerOKCegger Posts: 38
    I'm lucky :) I can buy a 10# bag of Ozark Oak for $4.37 here in Oklahoma City at Crest Foods! :woohoo:
    ·
  • BigGreenDawgBigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    I am gonna' have to cook more if I plan on going through that much lump anytime soon. Damn what is that, 17 bags? I guess as long as you keep them dry they will store? I will need to stock up next trip as my Walmart runs out of it at times.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    That's 400# right there, 20 bags. At $5.99 I stocked up.

On average I go through 2-3 bags a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    ·
  • RivermuteRivermute Posts: 35
    Hmmm taking a trip to Rochester this weekend.. Wonder if the border guard is going to say anything about a skid of charcoal and a few boxes of Dizzy Pig rubs.. :whistle:
    ·
  • I bought a couple of bags at the local People's Republic of WalMart last week. It was marked down to $4 a bag. Guess I shoulda bought more....
    ·