Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread and Butter Jalapenos......

BamaFan
BamaFan Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think it was last year or early this year that RRP or AZRP posted pics of some refrigerator bread and butter jalapenos. If I am wrong I want to apologize in advance to the jilted party. :) I found the site for Mrs Wages pickle mixes and bookmarked it. Made these this afternoon. Can't wait to try them.

DSC04620.jpg

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Which jar is mine? :woohoo: I must have missed that post, but it sure looks good! I'm bettin' they'd be great whole too.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Dude...I LOVE jalapenos and I LOVE bread n butter..never saw this before..am gonna have to try them!!..were they a lotta trouble??
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    30 minutes start to finish. Boil jars, slice jalapenos, cook pickling mix. Quick and easy.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    21ee8ca5.jpg

Give 'em a little time to mellow before testing, they can be hot.... :ohmy: I make some with and some w/o the seeds.

All her products (processed and refrigerator) are top notch.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Welcome to the BETTER bread and butter pickle treat.Jalepenos are a cut above cucumber slices.I do agree with thirdeye if you like a little heat leave the seeds in if not push them out.I usually make one jar of each.Great on top of cheese,burgers,dogs, etc. Enjoy them as you will be in store for a new taste treat.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    ...and don't forget to add some sweet onion wedges in there too ;)
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    I thought that was a given.I have to give the Georgia big V a first choice and when they are not is season Texas sweet onions.Dang it now I am hungry for a onion sandwich on JEWISH RYE BREAD WITH BUTTER SALT AND PEPPER. Then when I go to bed tonight momma is going to chase me out of the bedroom.Tasted dang gone good and I can stand it for one night sleeping with the dog in the spare bedroom. Just remind me to use extra soap when tis time to take the shower in the AM. Chow.