Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to make forum readable??

Peter Creasey
Peter Creasey Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried enlarging the font but the type size is still too small.

How do we make the forum content readable?

Thanks!

Comments

• kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    On your tool bar go to view, text size, largest
  • kolbdriver wrote:
    On your tool bar go to view, text size, largest

K, Thanks for the prompt response.

What tool bar? Where is it?
  • kolbdriver
    At the top of your screen you should see file edit view favorites ect.

click on view then text size then select largest
  • kolbdriver wrote:
    At the top of your screen you should see file edit view favorites ect.

click on view then text size then select largest

K, Okay! I didn't realize you were talking about browser options.

I use SeaMonkey browser which is different from what you apparently use. However, I found the setting to enlarge the font.

Why is this an issue when it wasn't before? Do we now have to do this every time we come here to visit? Also, I have to do the procedure every time I change pages... not a workable option.

What other options are there?
  • kolbdriver
    tHERE WAS A CHANGE IN THE FORUM FORMAT YESTERDAY. You MIGHT DELETING YOUR FAVORITE THAT YOU USE TO GET TO THE FORUM. THEN GO TO EGGHEADFORUM.COM AND LOG IN AGAIN. the save your favorite
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby wrote:

K and Evans, Thanks! This makes the viewing somewhat better.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Peter Creasey,

We didn't make any intentional changes to the forum format yesterday, but we did remove some "old" code while making some unrelated fixes. The new template was deployed weeks ago; and, we didn't expect that the "old" code was still being used. That may have caused the change for you and some of our other members who, apparently, have been using an old bookmark to access the forum. This seems to have been selecting the old format. I've just disabled the old "template" assignments so any old bookmarks should now go to the new one.

The font size settings are stored in a cookie; so, you'll need to have cookies enabled in your browser for them to persist. Note: we have *not* tested the forum on the browser you are using. We currently test on IE7, FireFox, and Safari. There are just too many for us to test on all of them.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    I had issues this morning, but now the forum looks great. Like the layout and the fact that the reply box is always there at the end of the thread. Nice job!

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • WMK wrote:
    Peter Creasey, we have *not* tested the forum on the browser you are using. We currently test on IE7, FireFox, and Safari.

W, Thanks for the informative reply.

The SeaMonkey browser is a derivative of Mozilla just as FireFox is; thus, they basically share the same platform.

SeaMonkey is reputed to be a bit faster and more nimble than FireFox.