Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What does the egg come with?

Options
BeerBQ
BeerBQ Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought my egg and want to make sure I got what I was supposed to. Does the egg not come with a grate? Also, where can one get a raised grate? Do they generally carry them at the stores that sell them? Table built...finishing touches...pictures soon.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    it comes with a grate but it does not comwe with a cast iron grate...

i bought my first raised grate from bge it worked for about 5 years before it started becoming unstable... i broke one of the "ears" on it so it had to go i ended up getting something not from bge but from Here also others have made their own using long bolts and a generig grate they all seem to work well here is a pic of my raised grate before i broke it

03-03-08001.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BeerBQ
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response. It must be in the bottom of the box? I haven't unpacked it....I don't even see a thermometer for the dome, nor the daisy chain wheel for the top.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Yeah, make sure that you check the box.

Both the thermometer and porcelain grid should be in there.

Greg
  • BENTE
    Options
    they are supposed to be in there

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FearlessGrill
    Options
    When I bought my large a couple of years ago, a lot of the parts, such as the daisy wheel and ceramic cap, came in a 2nd box, if I remember right. If you are missing parts once you go through all the packaging, call your dealer and see if they forgot to give you the 2nd box.

-John
  • snoqualmiesmoker
    Options
    If my memory serves, One box has the egg in it, the feet, the top. BIG box.

The second box is says EGGccessories. In that are the bands, hinge, cast iron top grid...

jb
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hey, what size is that stone in your picture?
  • BeerBQ
    Options
    I took all the contents out of the box and the following items are missing: grate, thermometer for dome, top/bottom hinge, manual/cd (not sure if included)...and who knows what else. Is there a picture to see what exactly I should be getting?
  • SpanishJoe
    SpanishJoe Posts: 28
    Options
    Dude, you need to call your dealer. You're missing a box or two.

-SJ
  • BENTE
    Options
    a large one... best way to do pizza in my opinion

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    We are unpacking Eggs and assembling them every day. Here's what you get with the Big Green Egg.

The dome and base, the ceramic "innards" firebox and fire ring.
    One porcelain coated cooking grate.
    One cast-iron charcoal grate.
    One ceramic top
    one cast iron daisy wheel top
    3 ceramic feet (not with mini or xl)
    a DVD
    Cookbook/manual
    Of course the spring bands and hinge mechanism and handle.
    Thermometer and "clip" to fasten inside the egg.
    An instruction sheet for the spring assisted band.

This is what comes with the Egg from the factory. If you didn't get these items, your dealer either forgot them or "snarfed" them. If you didn't get them, suggest you call your dealer and go get them as you paid for them.

Hope this helps !

Happy Eggin .

Fred B. / SGP
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • BENTE
    Options
    love that signature ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BeerBQ
    Options
    Thanks to all those who responded. Sure enough, they forgot to give me the 2nd box. I have all the pieces laid out and I am putting the finishing touches on the table. I hope to have it finished in the next couple of days and post some pics. Then on to my first cook! Thanks again!!!
  • SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    one more thing that included in the new egg's box that I forgot to mention on my previous list.... for those of you who are keeping a list ...included in the BGE when new are those 2 plastic strips with the holes in them that are holding the spring hinge so it doesn't sproing on you ... you should have saved for when you need to replace your gasket etc. ...you DID save them didn't you? If not, your dealer probably has a box of them hanging around I know we do. ;)
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa.