Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MSNBC Article on Grill Technology

Options
Big Hairy Dawg
Big Hairy Dawg Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found this article on MSNBC concerning grilling technology. It mentions the big green egg and thermopen.

If they really wanted to go high tech, they should have mentioned the BBQ Guru. They mentioned remote therms but the Guru is an awesome gadget.

I used mine (DigiQ II) for the first time to cook pulled pork on the 4th. It worked great. I love it! I slept with no worries...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25473442/page/2/

BHD

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thank you, but I for one don't do PMSNBC..
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    good one......

Just read the article. But darnit, If I "hear" one more person say that searing the meat holds in the juices, I am going to freakin scream. It has proven time and again to be false. I even heard Sandra Lee say it on Food Network the other day, what a dipstick.... and I actually liked her. It really is kind of just an urban legend that WILL NOT go away.
    OK, had to get that off my chest.
  • Trailblazer1229
    Options
    Yeah. I keep hearing it too. I was reading Maxim Mag the other day and they did a week in the life of the best barbequers in TX. As it turns out, that is what they kept saying also. Ok, just lost any credibility you might have had.