Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Disaster friday at 3 AM

DonDonDonDon Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
NEVER try and start a cook when you're still half asleep. I woke up early so I could put some ribs on and as usual, I put my lump into my egg, lite it and for some reason, put my plate setter on her as the coals got close to being ready. Went inside and got my ribs and as I opened up the egg I realized I forgot to put my wood chunks on. As I was taking the plate setter off my egg to put the wood on, I dropped the sucker on the concrete patio. aaahhhhhhhh I know right then I wouldn't get any sleep. Had to pull out bessie, my old Brinkman offset smoker and swap out the charcoal to it. MAN, I didn't realize how spoiled I was with my egg. I had to baby sit my ribs all night long and they weren't near as good as my Ribs from the Egg.

Comments