Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the rib help!

Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
P8210048.JPG
<p />
Thanks guys, for all the help with the baby back pork ribs.... they came out extremly well. I did an indirect cook, 4 hours at around 265 degrees. 20 minutes before they were ready to be yanked off the egg I basted them with my homemade jack daniels glaze (which always comes out quite well)
-Joel

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Joel Ferman,
    Looks like your breaking in that medium just fine!

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Joel Ferman,
    Looks mighty tasty. But shouldn't you have little pigs on your table rather than cows?

• ravnhaus,
    What brand of lump do you use?
    -Joel

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Joel Ferman,
    I have been using "BBQ Galore" brand and have been very happy with it as it was a good deal and adaquate for the job, however, I bought a bag the other day and have become most unhappy. The pieces are too large and quite dense. You can't really break them up without an axe. It is almost like it is not quite "done" yet. My wife complained of a smoky taste and I had to agree with her - something is not right!
    So at the moment I am in "lump limbo" and open to suggestions.

• ravnhaus,
    Maybe it's just me, but I have had WONDERFUL luck with the cheap lump (real flavor) from wally world. Perfect size lump, great flavor, easy to light, etc etc. As much as I hate wally world for their anti-gun antics, I must say, their lump has impressed me.... I also really like the 10lb bags instead of the 20..... it keeps it fresher, and it is easier to move. I guess it is all in the luck of the drawl, but when I find a good batch of lump, I try to buy AT LEAST 10-15 bags...... hell I went through a bag already with the egg alone in the last 2 days!! (it's been almost non-stop, I made 2 boston butts, 2 ribeyes, 1 game hen, 2 tri tip roasts, a brisket, 2 racks of ribs, 5 potato and a chicken breast.... not only am I the youngest egger, but I am trying to set a quantity record.)
    -Joel