Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back from vacation

Options
vidalia1
vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We returned today from our family vacation at Lake Jocassee near Salem, SC. I took the L'il Eggsta and cooked for anywhere from 4 to 10 people for 8 days. I used nearly 40 #'s of RO lump charcoal in 8 days. I cooked pizzas, ribs, chicken, biscuits, cornbread, Hungry Man Breakfast, Nutella Quesadillas, Peach Burritos, fatties, shrimp, ABT's....whew,here are a few pics

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Glad to be back but we had fun.....

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    great picks!!!! we proabably need to get together about greenwood next weekend!!!

also do the two people in the last pic know their shirt is on backwards ;):whistle:

BTW ro is $6.99 down there at our little honey hole ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    Options
    Terry,

Yep they put the shirts on backwards because there was nothing EGG related on the front so we had them wear them backwards...that is our family xmas photo so you guys get to see it early...

yes we are still coming to Greenwood...sorry I did not see your "bank" email...did that work out ok?

I will send you an email from work tomorrow with my cell # so we can chat before Saturday...I think Rod had said he might attend Greenwood also...
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Welcome back Kim. Hope to see you soon!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea "bank" worked out great.... now if you can knock a couple thou off my morgage :whistle: :laugh: :P

BTW my eggtoberfest 07 is on now and there is a logo on the top left ;)

i will head to verizon tomorrow when i wake up.. so after i go there and get a new phone (or whatever the heck happens) i will call you

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    Options
    oops...right again..oh well it is a colorful pick anyway... :)

Ron did you guys do lunch at Matthews???? if so how was it....
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Kim,looks like you guys had a great time :woohoo: Welcome back to reality :( ;) Was that a giant cookie that you made?Awesome pics B)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Yes Kim, we hit Matthews on Thursday, was good. Hope you and the Fam are doin well!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Nice Kim,,, Looks like you both had a great time.
    Where have I seen that shirt before :whistle::whistle:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Doug,

It was actually cornbread. I should have taken a better picture as it rose nicely and tasted great...but you are right it does look like a giant cookie.. :)
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Options
    Hey Kim,
    Great lookin' cook, and beautiful family!
    Kudos from Winder, Ga!

ctredwell
    go dawgs
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Nice Family and good food. Does it get any better?
  • vidalia1
    Options
    I couldn't agree more...... :)
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Glad to see you back and posting! Great pics of the food. Fantastic looking family, Kim!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Hey Kim it sounds like you all had a real great time. I am glade you all enjoy your trip. I guess you had no problem with the small on the trip. I bet you had a lot of campers asking about it, I know we do all the time.
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    No doubt, you must've been at Devil's Fork state park. We like to camp there too. Only about an hour and a half drive from our house in Spartanburg. I like to take my small egg there too. Get lots of funny looks from the other campers, but we always eat well!

Jimbo
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...