Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blessed by a bumper crop and some

Options
BamaFan
BamaFan Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
nice flowers. Picked 3 grocery bags full this afternoon.
DSC04602.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice harvest. What you got olives, tomatoes or small potatoes, pecans, other????
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Are those tomatoes??
    Your second pic could almost be Mexican.. :laugh:

FlowersMay-8.jpg
  • BamaFan
    Options
    They are a cross between a grape tomatoe and a roma tomatoe. They are sweet and make great salads. The wife will also freeze some for winter soups and chili.
  • BamaFan
    Options
    Just maters and some Jalapeno's I bought at the farmers market yesterday. Waiting on the bread and butter pickling spice to arrive this week so I can make jalapeno pickles.
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    Sorry did not see the jalapenos in the back. Here is a way I learned from Chubby for the maters.

Tomatoes2.jpg

Tomatoes, Sun-Dried, Richard Fl

I have done these a few times, , but only in the oven. Borrowed the idea from Chubby. I use roman split lengthwise, deseeded, evoo, seasoning salt, italian seasoning garlic powder and the purple flowers from my basil bush. Careful toward the end. you need to keep checking 'cause some will dry out faster than the rest. usually 2-3 hours at 250F. I do cookie sheets with aluminum foil. After cooled I wrap in paper towel and place in refrigerator.

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2006/05/25
  • BamaFan
    Options
    That is an excellent idea. I'll run this by the wife and see if she is interested. How do you store them?
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    What doesn't get eaten that day, gets wrapped in paper towel and then ziploc, into refrigerator. Lasts 3-4 months if not eaten first. Great on sandwiches, pizza, salad etc.

In oven.

TomatoOven.jpg