Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cast iron grids for the mini

lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
found an old hunk of cast iron grid. now i have 2 cast iron grids for the mini. :)

bensburger063.jpg

bensburger064.jpg

bensburger065.jpg

bensburger066.jpg

bensburger067.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I know - just like the artist said...I had this vision of what I wanted to end up with so I just took away everything that wasn't in the vision!

IMG_00591.jpg

(scrap from my small cast iron grate)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Cool, you even can add more wood if needed through your grill openings..
  • lowercasebill
    that is a ~thirdeye~ trick
  • lowercasebill
    yours is so much neater and symmertical what did you cut with ???
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    That was the first one I ever cut and I used a total of 4 metal cutting blades in a saber saw. Since then I've made two more for folks and have used a SawsAll to cut them quicker and then spent more time on the bench grinder making them neater in appearance. Time wise spent the two approaches were essentially equal!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    hey bill you either have two mini's or have an extra ci grate on your hands. how's about trading one with me. in exchange, i will gladly send you my former wife.
  • lowercasebill
    send me your former wife??? are you nuts??? i already have one of them :laugh: i am sure it would be cheaper for me to just mail you the grate. actually it would probably be cheaper to take a couple months off work and walk to your house with it :evil: you may have either one, only difference is position of the missing grid. e-mail me your address i will send it to you.
    bill