Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked Bean recipe

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have the baked bean recipe that was posted a while back. I'm having trouble locating them with a search because it locks up my computer. I've been trying for almost an hour to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Options
    Here ya go:

Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans

3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
    2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
    1/2 cup Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
    1 lb smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
    1 can apple pie filling
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbs Mustard (prepared)
    1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
    1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutesif you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

Servings: 12
  • UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    Don't know which recipe you're looking for, but HERE's my recipe for vegetarian baked beans.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    SWOkla-Jerry wrote:
    Here ya go:

Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans

3 or 4 slices bacon, diced
    2 (16 oz) cans pork and beans, mostly drained (modified to 2 28-oz cans Bush's Baked Beans - see note below)
    1/2 cup Blues Hog BBQ Sauce (or other sweet-spicy favorite)
    1 lb smoked leftover smoked pork or beef, more or less, or 1 lb crumbled cooked pork sausage
    1 can apple pie filling
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 green pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbs Mustard (prepared)
    1 tsp chipotle or cayenne powder (optional, to taste*)
    1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

Brown bacon, and saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325º for 1 hour, or simmer on stovetop in large pot for 30 minutesif you don't have time to do them in the oven. Serves 12.

Servings: 12

Just made these again today to go with the brisket. Excellent recipe and always a hit around here!