Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Grate

MAC
MAC Posts: 442
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone purchased or tried the new Trubo-Grate? I saw the add and need to replace my grate on the large. Just wanted some info. Thanks

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    i have had mine since september, no problems works like they say it does. might want to check you tube for "shotgun fred" and or the turbulator. i know he has videos posted.
    i am happy with it and would buy it again.
    bill
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    DSCN2372.jpg

MAC,
    I've had mine for almost a year and love it, you can see it working in this picture
    Ross
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    I picked up one earlier on, and it was in response to some newbie experiences I went through early on with airflow related issues. I really stopped using mine after I got one of their other products, the DigiQ II. As long as you're careful about lining up the firebox with the lower vent, and cleaning out the cooker so that you don't restrict airflow, and keeping the cast iron grate free of any clogs during long cooks, you'll do better to save the money for something else. Like their DigiQ :) I will say that you still have to be careful about arranging the lump in there, because you'll lose some perfectly good pieces through the bottom set of vanes.

Here's mine:
    IMG_9246.jpg

Airflow is really not a problem with it, either. Here are some steaks I did to break in the grate:
    IMG_9247.jpg