Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

temp problem with Guru after good night

BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started 8# brisket on lower grid and 2 8# pork shoulders on raised grid with water in drip pan on plate setter with legs up at about 5 yesterday afternoon. Set pit temp for 250 and internal to go to 195 on each piece of meat.. Everything worked fine until about 6 this morn.. Pork up to 183 brisket about the same, but temp in egg will not get above 210 even with Guru wide open.. Have plenty of coal.. the pork and brisket seem ok as to texture (fork test) Do you sometimes take it off at 183..Tested with 3 thermometers including thermapen.. Should I take it apart to see if bottom grate is stopped up.. I cleaned the egg thru and thru yesterday before I started..

Thanks, Ray

Comments