Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ot..... hot dog eating championship

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
is comming on ESPN shortly... just wanted to let ya'll know ;)

USA USA USA!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Are you entered? I could probably go for three or four right now. Kinda hungry.....

Haven't had a chance to go back to far in the forum. How did the brisket turn out?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    turned out great!!! thanks for asking...

i did not do pics or a post on it... i will use more Dr. Pepper next tme ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    My son and I just ate a couple apiece while watching "pre-game"
    Happy 4th!

Walt
  • ILL--EGGER
    ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
    Now that was some good TV there...tied at 59 each after ten minutes. Sudden death with fastest to finish 5 more dogs and JOEY CHESTNUT brings it home for the USA!!! WTG Chestnut! :laugh:
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Fun is fun, but this stuff is disgusting when you consider how many children today are overweight/obese and will be ill and most likely a burden to society for the rest of their lives. Is this a gluttonous indulgence of the sickest kind or what? Just my HO but I wonder how many go searching for the nearest vomitorium after the "contest"? Good grief, Charlie Brown!
  • McPhreak
    McPhreak Posts: 42
    Rascal wrote:
    Fun is fun, but this stuff is disgusting when you consider how many children today are overweight/obese and will be ill and most likely a burden to society for the rest of their lives. Is this a gluttonous indulgence of the sickest kind or what? Just my HO but I wonder how many go searching for the nearest vomitorium after the "contest"? Good grief, Charlie Brown!

I don't think these contests glorify obesity any more than video game competitions do. In fact, take a look at all the eating competitors on TV and tell me how many of them are obese? There are many factors contributing to obesity. Processed foods, poor diets, bad parenting, and inactivity to name a few.

This is not to say that watching these eating competitions doesn't make me want to barf. ugh. :sick:
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I'm with you on that one McPhreak.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    OK, but this should not be a challenge to entice youngsters (or anyone) into this ugly world of competition. I totally agree; ugh, ugh, barf, barf..... can't change the channel fast enough!! I work very hard to keep my BMI below 27 and from the pictures I've viewed from various events, I'm bordering on the lower end of the scale. After purchasing my large, BGE, I just had to try ABT's along with many other enticing, dishes. Now it's more basic stuff, with not as much fat, but still lots of flavor. Bon
    Appetite!!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Just had three Nathans dogs with Georgia sweet chopped up onion, home made bread and butter,Jalapeño peppers and Frenches mustard. Good eats. Now it is three or four hours till din din time with a porterhouse steak,twice cooked baked taters and I will be afraid to get on the scale on Saturday morning. By all means my beer supply is going to be cut off.Lot's of luck with that comment.You all have a great day.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Well how about a video game simulating competitive eating?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856016p1.html
  • McPhreak
    McPhreak Posts: 42
    Cornfed wrote:
    Well how about a video game simulating competitive eating?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856016p1.html

:laugh: That's awesome. I wonder where the "purge" button is located?