Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goodbye Barrel, Hello Egg!

Options
AggieSmoker
AggieSmoker Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This 4th of July will be the final cook on the old barrel smoker. The new Egg is in the garage just waiting for me to finish the table it will rest in. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know you have a great forum here and I'm looking forward to being a regular contributor.

Comments

• mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    Options
    OK...let me get this straight...you bought the egg...put it in the garage...and you are cooking on the barrel smoker on this nations Birthday while the egg suffers in the garage???

Do you really think that egg will cook for you after this??? NO!! That egg is using its BGE Cell phone to call out for someone from UT to come and rescue it!!

If you need help with the table I have some plans that create a longhorn shaped top and plenty of space to put Longhorn Serving trays, a longhorn flag, etc.

Just let me know if I can send them to you!!

I just could not resist!! For those of you not from Texas, this is a rivalry that goes back pretty far in time...all in good fun!!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Welcome to the club.

Sounds like you have a great foundation of cooking to build upon. You will love your egg!! The forum should be looked upon as a resource of additional information. Don't hesitat to ask questions. Someone here has probably had a similar question!
  • mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I was just ribbing you in good fun.

I came off a barrel smoker about a month ago and man do I enjoy the ceramic cooking...much easier.

This is a great forum with super nice and helpful people.

Best of luck!!!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    So when does the barrel funeral and Egg Christening take place?
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Options
    Hmmmm
    I can think of several Aggie jokes...Welcome to the cult, er club.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Welcome to the cult.

Now you need all of the accessories for the EGG.

It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Greg
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    From a fellow Ag living in "enemy territory," welcome aboard! Lot of helpful folks on here will help you enjoy the Egg...once you get it in the table! ;)

Gig' Em!