Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

multi cook

Options
run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay - here's the plan - tonight, I use my shiny new DigiQ for the first time.....I'm excited!

Here's my cooking plans - for dinner tonight I'm cooking 6 large boneless chicken breasts. Thinking about 45 minutes at 350?

Then, I'm going to put on a 5 pound butt around 7 PM at 250. Cook all night - take it off mid morning if I can keep it going that long.....pull it and put it in the cooler - Naked Whiz says it'll hold in a cooler for hours.

Then - put on a 7 pound pork loin around 11 AM for about a 4 hour cook. I'll coat it in mustard and rub then cover in bacon. Thinking 4 hours or temp at 140?

Whattaya think - can I do all this on one load of lump? Have I got the times right?

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Sure, one load ought to do it, easy. Be careful of that pork loin...4 hours seems like a lot. Make sure to do it to temperature, not time.
  • Fire Walker
    Fire Walker Posts: 241
    Options
    The only thing I would do differently is leave the butt whole untill just before serving. It will stay hot longer and I think there is a certain degree of BBQ theatrics involved with the pulling of the pork. As far as the pork loin your time might be to long.
    FireWalker