Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
NCque
NCque Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to be smoking a brisket this evening and I'm looking for a recipe for a good rub. I don't have any DP Cow Lick as suggested in various places in cyberspace, but have quite a bit of other spices in the cabinet and a Publix near by. Any create-your-on rub recipes out there that I should try? I've done brisket twice before but have lost the rub recipe I had. The only thing I remember about the one before is it had fresh ground coriander in it and I probably found that recipe on the Whiz's site or somewhere in the egging community.

Thanks,

Travis

Comments

• Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    hey Travis,
    stick to the basics and do this one with JUST salt and pepper.
    i do about every third brisket this way and they come out fabulous.
    sometimes less is better............
    good luck, be patient and practice makes perfect.
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    My first job was in a BBQ restaurant in Central Texas. All we used on briskets was salt and pepper (lots of pepper). There's no reason to get all fancy with brisket.
  • cowman
    cowman Posts: 13
    Options
    Don't forget to stick some garlic slices into it.

Hard to beat simple.

I just got an egg and I plan on doing a brisket tomorrow. Any suggestions on Temperature and time?
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    225-250 1.5-2 hours per pound. set it and forget it.
    good luck, be patient and practice makes perfect.
  • cowman
    cowman Posts: 13
    Options
    Can you smoke a medium sized brisket and a boson butt on a BGE at the same time? I beleive both will fit but would there be any problem with air circulation?

I hope I don't have to go ack to my gasser.