Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Boston Butt Question

RebelEggRebelEgg Posts: 45
edited 12:40PM in EggHead Forum
Cooked a Boston Butt last night, woke up this morning and it was at 205. Do you think it will be okay? Smells great and almost fell apart.

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    send it to me. i'll check it for you.

(it'll be great. very forgiving. some take it to 205 as a rule. between 185-205 you will be happy. under 185, you are slicing it)

wrap it in foil then maybe a beach towel, and put it in a cooler and it'll hold for 4 or 5 hours if you need to.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • citychickencitychicken Posts: 484
    presuming that you mean the internal temp... i would say it's time to party!

usually i take my butts off when internal hits 195, then double wrap in foil and place in the cooler for an hour rest.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,169
    It should be fine.

Give it the time-tested and mother-approved taste test!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    wrap it up in foil, make a Bloody Mary, and wait for lunch time.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    Hey stike, send me a smaple of the butt if you need a second opinion.
  • RebelEggRebelEgg Posts: 45
    I wrapped it in foil and a towel and have placed it in a cooler. Plan on pulling it around lunch time.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    You're in for a timed it perfectly.
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Take a chunk off and try it.

• Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
    hey Reb

What was your temp and how much time.