Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey breast

Options
Enok
Enok Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe/method for a turkey breast?

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    enok, I use either the inverted V-rack or the Beer butt method indirect. About 300 for a couple hours depending on size. If using rub, I always spray with extra virgin olive oil.[p]CWM
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    enok,[p]325-350° indirect with a little olive oil to brown the skin and cook until your thermometer says done. About 2.5-2.75 hrs with these 8 lb breasts. Two dosen't take much more time to cook than 1. I have these on 2 firebricks and over a drip pan with V rack.[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Timmy's cookbook[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    turkey14.jpg
    <p />enok,[p]325-350° indirect with a little olive oil to brown the skin and cook until your thermometer says done. About 2.5-2.75 hrs with these 8 lb breasts. Two dosen't take much more time to cook than 1. I have these on 2 firebricks and over a drip pan with V rack.[p]sorry - forgot the picture. sure wish there was a "preview" button here
    Tim

[ul][li]Timmy's cookbook[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    enok,
    I like to sprinkle them with Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook them essentially the way Tim M described to you.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Enok
    Enok Posts: 15
    Options
    Tim M,
    thanks for the info. it's on the egg as i write this
    enok

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    enok,[p]I follow Alton Brown's advice from the Food Channel. He brines his turkey's the night before, then cooks them up the next day. Cooked indirect in the BGE, this is my absolute favorite method of turkey. Works just as well when only doing a turkey breast. Mmmmm, mmmmm.[p]Roast turkey[p]--sdb