Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Rubs

thepgaboy
thepgaboy Posts: 51
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I realize the owners of this company frequent this forum.

That said, are the rubs as good as they are cracked up to be?

I've been to their site and the recipes are very tantilizing to say the least; just thought I would ask.

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Everyone I know that has tried them loves them.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    I love the ones I've tried (Dizzy Dust, Tsunami Spin, Raging River, Shakin the Tree). The main thing for me is that you can count on fresh product. I like that I can get salt-free versions of Dust and River and decide for myself how much salt to add. That said, their regular rubs aren't oversalted like so many others.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    They are almost the only rubs I use. They are great!

Mike
    Wrens, GA
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    They are definitely very nice.

However, I do get a bit of a char when I use them on wings.

So, I have converted to a different rub for them.

Greg
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    i just got "the works" in yesterday from them. i opened them all up with the missus last night to smell them and they smell fantastic, rather than the usual generic smell i get from rubs. they also all smell unique and different, which is important to me.

i had cooked some hamburgers a day before and before i heated one up last night, i sprinkled a bit of the raising the steaks on there and OMG the flavor it added. i had to let my wife taste it as well to make sure i wasn't crazy. she had just had a hamburger for lunch earlier that day without the rub on it. the difference was huge, not slight.

low salt content
    fresh natural ingrediants

i'm a first time customer that will be a customer for life.

all that and a bag of chips.
  • Bama Chad
    Bama Chad Posts: 154
    I have been using them for about 5 years now & cook for friends, family, etc. Raging River is probably everyone's favorite, though everyone also loves Raising the Steaks on burgers & steaks...adds a nice spicy kick to it.They are just about all we use as far as a dry rub..very good product.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    I love DP rubs. Just picked up 3 at Eggs by the Bay this past weekend. Red Eye on ABT's is the only way to go. Also picked up the salt free version of Raging River, going to have it on salmon tonight. They definitely live up to their reputation. Even my hubby who is very old school when it comes to rubs (makes his own)is sold.
  • thepgaboy
    thepgaboy Posts: 51
    What do you use on the wings?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    They are great and with the number of ones available you can surely find ones that will be a favorite of yours too. They are versatile rubs!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Absolutely - use it all the time. Order on line and it shows up a couple days later.

Part of my stock
    101_2416640x480.jpg
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    They are as good as everyone has said. and being self employed I appreciate the fast shipping and great service. We love the new salt frees and hope to see some of the others offered this way as well. And they are fresh made not sitting in a ware house for a year before they are shipped. I do a lot of my own rubs and sauces but turn to D.P. if I just don't want to mess with it and I know it will be great. Julie
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    The product and company are excellent. The only contact I have had is through this forum and personal notes when you make a purchase. Keep in mind that individual tastes differ. They make products that are unique but please the mass majority. I spent last week at a friends lake house, my thank you gift was 4 different Dizzy Rubs sent to my friend. (I took my own stash with me to cook at the lake and my friends were impressed.) Grilling and smoking are personal. I don't use 100% Dizzy but do enjoy their product regularly.
    give them a try.
    Good luck
    Doug
  • Egg-N-Tino
    Egg-N-Tino Posts: 157
    Yes. The Dizzy Pig products are all they are cracked up to be. Started using them a year ago and have made several re-orders since. The freshness of the spices is the key component to this product. Being unable to find it in stores here in Oregon, I place my orders online. Just some of the uses:

Dizzy Dust on ribs/butts
    Raging River on Chicken/Fish
    Tsunami Spin on Chicken/Fish

Do yourself/family/friends a favor and get some.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    I visit the forum several times a day, but I wish it were as frequent as it used to be!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yall are the best.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • McPhreak
    McPhreak Posts: 42
    Placed my very first order for DP rubs this morning. Here's to hoping it comes in by Saturday. I'm in Maryland so it shouldn't have far to travel. :S
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    I wouldn't be without them in the house and I keep several additional bottles around for the times I need a quick gift for someone. Every time I given someone the stuff they damn me and buy more for themselves.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Every one I've tried has been. Oh, wait, I've tried all of them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Dinner tonight is chicken drumsticks with Dizzy Dust and sweet potato halves with Raging River. We seldom put anything on the egg without a rub, and these days it's almost always from Dizzy Pig.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    If it came in before noon it went out today. Not a bad chance of getting it tomorrow. If after noon, you'll prolly get it Saturday if USPS can hump it up there in a day. Hope the rubs meet your expectations!
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • NJ-GrEGG
    NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    Remember...you can mix Dizzy Pig with your own ingredients to create your own 'master rub'. The possiblities are endless.

I will cook 6 slabs of babybacks this weekend and I am having a difficult time deciding whether I should use Dizzy Dust or Raging river. I might do half and half, but I will have to mark with toothpicks or something to tell them apart after I sauce.