Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MickyT's Temp Rings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What are Mickey T's Temp Rings and where do you get them?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    darbonne,
    These are a series of wooden disks out of which is cut varying size holes. You place the disks on top of the egg and regulate temperature by selecting different disks with different size holes. Large holes = hot, small holes less hot. You can get them from MickyT. When you display all the posts, do a CTL-F and search for MickyT. There is a thread down there about the temperature rings and Micky posted his email address so you can contact him.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    darbonne,[p]Thanks TNW.[p]You can e-mail me and I will give you all of the details. I will be out of the office for the remainder of the day but I will get ya answered on Monday. Thanks for your interest.[p]Mick
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Hey Whiz, what kind of sealer did you use for your table?
    IMHO your table is the bomb dude! Bracing and all. ">)[p]I'm transplanting my medium to the cottage today and need to build another table. I didn't seal the table I built that held my large and medium. Looks like crap. All grey and what not.[p]E-mail me if you would cuz I'm otta here right now. Thanks TNW.[p]Also would it be a good idea to seal the 1 x 6 before I screw them down? That way I only have to hid the cut edges?[p]Thanks.[p]Happy weekend cookin ya'll[p]Mick

• The Naked Whiz,[p]How do you view all posts? I can only find the last 25 and then you must go to arcives.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    darbonne,
    If you go to www.biggreenegg.com and click on the "Forum" button, you will get a listing of all the available posts. At the top of this page is a link to display the last 25 posts (which is really the last 25 or the last day, whichever is greater). Are you going directly to the 25 post page? If so, you might want to go to the forum page instead. Then you can search for more stuff. It still rolls off pretty fast, but obviously not once a day.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MickyT - what is your e-mail address? [p]I am interested in information on the temp rings for a medium egg.[p]Thanks,
    Charlie

• Slo-N-EZ
    Options
    darbonne,
    Check out the archives, March 25, 2002, for Mick's multiple post depicting the temp rings. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of mine and looking forward to a sleepfilled overnighter doing a brisket! [p]Slo-n-EZ