Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

thank you Carwash Mike! (rib content)

jcvjcv Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I egged some baby back ribs for the 2nd time. My first time, I just seasoned the ribes and slapped them on - they were quite good. This time, I used Carwash Mike's method and they were fantastic! Easily the best ribs I've ever had. Maybe a real BBQ expert wouldn't give such high praise to this newbie's ribs but for me and my family they were absolutely killer! I can't wait to have them again!

One rack came out slightly more juicy than the other but neither was dry.

Thanks Carwash Mike!

2629361474_420ae60c39_o.jpg
·

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Very nice looking ribs! By the looks of the felt seal you have not done to many! Welcome to the forum and keep up the great cooking.
    ·
  • These look great! Please share his method.
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    No Question! He is the ribmeister!
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looks mighty fine from where I'm setting. Glad you enjoyed your ribs and I could provide a guideline for you.

Mike
    ·
  • Big Easy EggBig Easy Egg Posts: 191
    Isn't it nice when you turn out something that good and the family appreciates what you have been obsessing over. They look great by the way, I am sure they taste as good as they look.

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
    ·
  • Have you seen the size of CWM's bulbous head??? He didn't need that little pumping up...going to have to widen the front door now!!

Nice job and they look great. In all fairness, any help you get from CWM and the rest of the minions here is almost always good help.

Bruce
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Great looking ribs.

Congrats!!

Greg
    ·
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Smoking,

Take a look at the 2006 Eggtoberfest Cookbook.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cookbooks.htm

You will find the method there.

Also, try the 3/1/1 method as seen on WessB's site. Don't forget to double foil.

http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/foilribs/FoiledRibs.htm

Greg
    ·
    LOL! Don't worry, I have a brisket for the weekend. I'm batting about .333 for really good ones. Nothing like a crappy brisket to burst your ego. :woohoo:

Mike
    ·
    You have e-mail as well.

Mike
    ·
  • NJ-GrEGGNJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    Just one question Mike...

What is your ratio of apple cider vinegar to water in order to get 5% acidity?
    ·
    Most stores carry it that way. Some carry it pure Have any questions e-mail.

Mike
    ·
  • Go to the Naked Whiz web site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/nwindex.htm
    open up the ceramic charcoal cooking, then open cookbooks, scroll down and download: The BBQ Forum Recipes - Over 2300 recipes collected from the Internet BBQ Mailing List. Posted 06/09/2004.
    Enjoy
    ·
  • Hey Carwash Mike,

I have just ordered an egg and I am trying to gather some recipes. I read great things about your recipe. i have worked in restuarants and I have many indirect methods and recipes. Wondering if we could exchange sometips and recipes.

I am very good at breads, sauces, marinades and all kinds of roasts. What interests you?

BrickOvenDevil :evil:

Marc
    ·