Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first Eggfest - Grand Prize Winner!

BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
edited 9:03AM in EggHead Forum
Wifey and I went to the 1st Neweggland Eggfest on saturday and had a great time. Even convinced the wife we need a small or mini to keep "Fat Man" company. Wonderful people, great food, Tarantin Tank was a great host, picked up a few tips along the way....and then won the grand prize in the raffle! I wanted a cutting board so bad, but then this happened. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg
Couldn't believe my good fortune when I looked at my ticket. Thanks to everyone who put this event on....we will be back next year for sure. B)
Now, should I sell that large table? :S
·

Comments

• deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    that's fantastic! what is the base constructed of?
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Seems to be made of a foam product covered by fiberglass that looks like stucco. Very similar to some stuff you see on building columns and such. My guess it weighs about 350 - 400 pounds. Very sturdy. The top is tile.
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Great catch--congrats!
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I won a cutting board, wanna trade. I will handle the shipping of the cutting board. :ohmy:
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Sweeeeet!
    ·
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    I wanted one of those so bad! I rested my beer on that thing all day!

Cheers and congrats!
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Very cool, Boatman, I'd be scouting out a spot for that nice setup right now.
    ·
  • Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
    That is awesome,What is it made out of Boatman?
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Seems to be made of a foam product covered by fiberglass that looks like stucco. Very similar to some stuff you see on building columns and such. My guess it weighs about 350 - 400 pounds. Very sturdy. The top is tile.
    ·
    Thanks, I have a nest and mates but would like a table.
    ·
    Thanks
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Congrats on the win! That's a nice table. What brand is it?
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    They did some sweet give aways and I would have loved to won that one! I have no idea how we would have gotten it home! LOL we were loaded.
    ·
  • ewjdewjd Posts: 21
    I'm that pain in the rear guy that was pestering you and your wife all day. Just want to say congrats and it was a pleasure sharing the day with the two of you.
    ·
  • ewjdewjd Posts: 21
    I'm that pain in the rear guy that was pestering you and your wife all day. Just want to say congrats and it was a pleasure sharing the day with the two of you.
    ·