Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought a couple little lamb chops on sale, and have no clue how to season them. I assume I cook like a steak.[p]Make a rub with Rosemary/Thyme? Garlic?[p]I'll check the recipes, but thought y'all migt have some ideas.[p]Thanks
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]Here is one suggestion: Rub with salt and pepper or Lawry's and oregano. Marinate in a little olive oil, crushed garlic and lemon juice (don't cheat yourself, get real lemons). Let the meat "swim" in the marinate and turn it a couple of times while in the ice box overnight. Grill at 350* or so until desired doneness.
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    djm5x9,
    How important is doing a marinade?? I was thinking of cooking them tonight!! Simple rub maybe.[p]350, not 700??[p]Thank you sir.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]With your foodsaver, you can "marinate overnight in minutes".[p]I just do my lamb at 350*, but that is legs, shanks, etc. Grilling at 750* for chops is no different than steaks, right? Should work perfectly.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Thanks. I made a rub with a little kosher salt, rosemary, thyme, tad of oregano, some garlic powder, and tellicharry black pepper, and a slash of cayenne. Gonna sear at 750 on humpty junior, and transfer immediately to a 300 degree large egg. Dwell for 10 -15 minutes, and we will see what happens. NEVER done lamb chops.[p]Cheers. Go terps. 8pm against UCLA. watch it.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I love lamb. How thick are those chops anyway? Thyme is a great spice with lamb. Garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme is also nice. Wonder what mustard would do? Try one with mustard and tell us what you think?

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Teslamania,
    I thought about mustard!
    Man, they semll good. Just got done the sear. 700 small egg. 2 minutes side 1. 1 minute side two, tranferred to large egg stabliazed at 275. Stuck polder in. Read 120. Will cook to 140 and remove.[p]Yum.
    Enjoy your Sat night.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]hope they were good!