Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another try at posting a pic! Salmon and Scallops

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
salmon&scallops.jpg
<p />OK...lets see if it worked. Thanks for your patience...![p]QBabe
:-)

Comments

• QBabe,[p]Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[p]Thank you for that.
    bc

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    QBabe,
    I don't think it worked. I see shrimp too! :-) Yumm![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • QBabe
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Hee Hee! Yep, had a few so I just skewered them too! Not as good as either the scallops or the salmon, but I think I cooked them too long. I put the salmon on first, then later added the scallops and shrimp at the same time. They were a little rubbery. Next time, shorter cook time for 'em![p]Glad the pic FINALLY worked![p]QBabe
    :-)[p]I pulled a chicken out of the freezer...gonna try my first spatchcocked bird tomorrow. Originally was just gonna rub him good, inside, under the skin, and outside, but heard something about buttermilk and mustard gloop...does that work like a marinade? Do you soak it in that for some period of time and then it goes on the grid just like that with no other seasoning, or do you put it in ghe gloop and then season as normal before putting on the fire?

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    QBabe,[p]You soak for some period of time, then just put it on the grid just like that. [p]CB
  • DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Clear up some confusion on my my part. Did you say that you wanted to try the buttermilk and mustard goop on spatchcocked chicken?
  • QBabe
    Options
    DavidR,[p]That's what I was wondering. Don't know much about the gloop, or what it does for meat, but am trying all kinds of new things these days! So, in a nutshell, I'm looking for suggestions......[p]QBabe
    :-)

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I use the buttermilk/mustard goop on ribs. I've never tried it on spatchcocked chicken. When doing a chicken, if you use TNW's method, you can't go wrong. A juicier, tastier chicken, you never get.

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Like you, I got in an experimental mood and did try the goop with a spatchcocked chicken at low temps. If you ever try a butterflied chicken treated to the goop, let us know how it turned out. [p]CB