Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potatoes

Options
porchegg
porchegg Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for recipes and perhaps pictures of potato cooks that I could use to show off my egg. Maybe something with new or red potatoes. I already cooked some new potatoes by coating with olive oil and putting kosher salt on them. Any other ideas?

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    try twiced bakes pulled pork stuffed:

DSCN0276.jpg

if you don't have the extra pulled pork in the freezer you can ommit it::
    03-26-2008006.jpg

Potatoes, Baked, Twice, Pulled Pork, TB

2 idaho baking potatoes
    1/4 C sour cream
    1/2 C sharp cheese
    1/2 C your favorite pulled pork
    a little butter
    salt and pepper to taste

1 bake potatoes in over or on egg at 400 for 1 hr. or until soft
    2 cut potatoes in half length wise and scoop out potato without ripping the skin. place skins to the side
    3 add all other ingredients except for cheese mix well
    4 place mixture into a Ziploc bag and cut corner off to make a cheap piping bag
    5 squeeze mixture out of homemade piping bag into reserved skins
    6 top with cheese
    7 place on egg indirect 400 for 35 min

Recipe Type
    Barbecue, Holiday, Side Dish, Snack

Cooking Tips
    i usually make a cheap pan to hold my potatoes in out of aluminum foil it makes transferr in and out of egg easier

Recipe Source
    Author: T Bente

Source: BGE Forum on 2008/05/21

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Unknown
    Options
    twice baked

ribeye009.jpg

in dutch oven lid with duck fat and rosemary

lamb004-1.jpg

twice baked in little cast iron things
    mini085.jpg

4e629fa8.jpg

b446862a.jpg
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Take a whole chicken on a raised grid.

Below it put a aluminum serving try willed with bakers or red's & sliced onions and a few green peppers, you could use a few hot peppers also. Add a little sweet italian sausage in bulk or thin sliced links. Add some EVOO and some butter patties.

This serving tray will go under the chicken and let this cook indirect at about 400° dome for an hour.

5 to 10 minutes before done time add some cheese to the veggie tray. You want the cheese nice and melted, I like it a little crunchy around the edges.

This is a fantastic meal, sometimes I think the veggie tray is better than the chicken.

I am thinking of trying Randy's (AZRP) chicken mix (listed a few posts below) and I am going to add some fresh rosemary sprigs to both the chicken and the veggie tray below.

I cook this a lot, sorry no pictures. I need to get some taken on the next round.

GG
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Take new potatoes, quarter them. Toss with EVOO, salt pepper, fresh chopped rosemary or dill, and a lot of minced garlic.

Cook in skillet or dutch oven at 350 indirect with a few Tbsp of butter until soft - about 45-60 minutes.
  • porchegg
    porchegg Posts: 47
    Options
    All these sound and look great. Now all I have to do is make time to cook them all.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Does one call that a tourni bekini?