Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ok, there's a large, med, small...

Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry to break in on TNW question, but I recently received a mini gratis from a neighbor who no longer wanted it. It is SO mini!
Does anyone have favorite things they do with the mini? Looks like it could maybe do a single cornish hen if it was standing upright--at attention.[p]

Comments

• Janet
    Janet,
    You forgot to mention that it is so friggin' cute.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Janet,
    Wow, is that the egg your neighbor had?????
    I do one large porter house steak or a couple of chicken breast. I may to tatters (in foil) first, then whatever fast meat when the tatters come off. Sometimes I will do frozen corn on the cob (in foil) with the tatters, take em off at the same time, on whit the steak.[p]The mini is a little harder to hold lower temps with but I have been able to do pretty good using Mickey T's rings that I have for my larger eggs.[p]congratulations on a wonderful gift.
    New Bob

• Janet
    New Bob,
    Thanks for the tips.
    I need to do a bit of maintenance to the Egg before I can use it (mainly, oiling the hinge mechanism and removing mouse droppings).
    But I am extremely grateful for such a gift.[p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Janet,[p]The mini is great for cooking things really hot really fast.
    One of the best steaks I ever had was cooked by Qfan over a raging fire in the mini. With the coals being so close to the grate, it is perfect for a good sear on a couple of steaks.
    Nice gift from a good neighbor... would like to hear what your first cook on the mini turns out to be.[p]WD [p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Janet,
    I'm sure you will enjoy it. Watch it closely till you get used to it. (the temp may come up quicker then on a larger egg and it may cook faster because the product is much closer to the coals)
    New Bob