Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Bad Byron Butt Rub Opinions

BostonEggSoxBostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to rub up a nice 9.5 pound Boston Butt today. So far, I have enjoyed Butt rubs that include turbinado sugar (IE: Southern Succor Rub in Smoke & Spice). I tried Byron's on chicken last night and it was great, as I like the salty flavor on chicken.

I'd like a few opinions on Byron's Rub on a Butt before I start the process tonight.

Thanks in advance!
·

Comments

• RebelEggRebelEgg Posts: 45
    I'm a fan, have used in on about everything. Has great flavor to it, salty and some heat. It should make for a nice Bad Butt.
    ·
  • SmokeyDSmokeyD Posts: 46
    I love it, I use it on chicken and pork, and a variety of other things. It's great.
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    have used it on occassion and have a rather large bottle of it in my pantry..a tad salty..but a great rub.. ;)
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I would probably add some turbinado to it for your butts.

Mix it up to 25% sugar.

That is my opinion for what it is worth.
    ·
  • We love it too, have used it on everything but Butts. When I do Butts I will mix it with Turbinado.
    ·