Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket finished last night

Options
SmokeyD
SmokeyD Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I decided to try another brisket using a different brine. I have used a lot of sweet water spice's brines and they are fantastic, but I have been working on some of my own.
This one the main ingredients were molasses, apple juice concentrate, chipotle powder, salt, and water, and cinnamon. Brined it for about 12-13 hours.
Started with a 11 pound brisket.
Rinsed it off ad let it sit for about 3 hours to get up to room temperature.
Added a rub to it that contained 4 different types of chili pepper powders, salt, salt pepper, some brown sugar, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.
Put it in a 230 degree egg. Indirect using the spider and adjustable rig setup. I put it on the top rack of the adjustable rig.
I had 3 probes hooked up to it from the stoker and let it cook for about 10 hours. After 10 hours I pulled it off and wrapped it in foil. Let it cook for about another 5 hours until it hit 190, pulled it wrapped it in a towel and threw it in a cooler. I left the leads connected so I could watch the temp and see how it was really doing. about 4 hours later it was still in the 160-170 range.
Sliced it and served. It was incredible, one of the best that I have done.
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1441.jpg
IMG_1444.jpg

Comments