Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Mates Installation,,, How Hard?

Options
Smokin-AJ's
Smokin-AJ's Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I should have my new set of egg mates on monday... Fellow egger hooked me up with a new set.. Don't you just love making friends on this forum?

Anyway. I have a LG BGE. How hard is it to installed the eggmates. Do I need to remove the dome to installed the mates... Please advise what I need to do..I am hoping that it will be pretty easy.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    You will need to remove the dome because the bolts have to go through the lower band from the inside. Not a big job though. -RP
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I've done this to install a set of EM, and, also to remove the studs on a large that had EM's previously installed. If you have someone that can help, you can loosen the carriage bolt on the lower band and have your helper raise the dome slightly (from the rear of the egg) along with both bands until you have just enough of the lower band clear of the base to install the studs in the lower band. If no helper, remove the dome and go from there......
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I put Eggmates on my medium all by my self. I didn't have to remove the dome. I undid the bolt for the lower band. The dome just keeps sitting there like it was before I loosened the bolt. I then was able to spread the band open enough to get those rivet thingys into the holes. Then reinstall the bolt on the lower band and proceed. Did I miss something?
    The Naked Whiz
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    I also did mine Naked style.......
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    Options
    I just did mine on the XL, it was a bit tough because I don't think i did it right...