Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Egg Fest

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I think I am ready. I have gone through my cooks about 600 times to see anything I might need. I have gone over the list about 500 times that some of you were kind enough to share with me from here, of what I might need. LOL I am not a annal person at all :( I really fly by the seat of my pants on EVERYTHING. But I am really looking forward to this. Dad Had his surgery and all if fine. It was not a hernia like they thought but a hydroseal? (sp??) But they will not be able to go. he had a 5 inch incision that has slowed him down a little and at 77 finds he does have to put the brakes on a little. Just really glad he is ok. But Mom is sending all her stuff for her cook with me and we will be manning two eggs :) We have friends that coming with us and are getting their first egg there and getting a crash course helping me. Looks like the final count is 202 and 17 cooking? and I have been watching the weather channel and on line and looks like we might miss the rain! :cheer: see you there Sat morning. Headed out at 4:00 AM :huh:

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    I'm sure it'll be a big success. Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the stories.
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    This should be fun. I've only done a couple of trial runs of the cinnamon chicken we are doing but it should go fine. My wife has been making lists for the last few days and it's my job to pack the equipment bins today. See you there!
    Paul
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    My first one too, now I feel like a jerk for not cooking.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    WELL YOU SHOULD Cpt'n!!! :ohmy: LOL no not really I am really looking forward to it. I am better in a crowd if my hands are busy so I have added cinnamon rolls to the list along with the chicken and Bananas Wellingtons.... so stop and have one in the morning :)Had to get the truck inspected today. I have not driven it since we got back from FL and it ran out in March :whistle: needed to take that as we are hauling 3 eggs back! :cheer:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Your biggest problem will be crowd control with the ratio of cooks to non cooks. That is about the same ratio we had last year in Denver. People were like pyranas in a feeding frenzy as the food came off. I had people grabbing shrimp from my tongs before I could set them on a plate. Egret had some cooked ABTs resting under foil to cool before cutting them into serving sizes, when he turned his back someone ran over, lifted the foil, and ran off with a handful of them. Its all in good fun though, have a great time! You will be glad you decided to cook. -RP
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Me too!
    Hopefully next year I'll be able to cook, but I'm really looking forward to trying everything.