Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

so, i just bought the dizzy pig "the works"

deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i just bought the ten pack of dizzy big bbq seasonings. i've read about ten posts on the forum and it seems as if half the posts mentioned it.

good stuff, yo?

Comments

• EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    I've been experimenting with them for the past 6 months and they are great! The hardest part is trying to figure out which one you like best for whatever food you are cooking. Half the fun is deciding what you like best. :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Great stuff, you won't be disappointed. -RP
  • You gotta try rubbing and cooking a whole chicken with Jamaican Firewalk, it is incredible!!
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Good stuff and good folks to deal with - you can't beat that.

Just a few suggestions to get you started:
    [ul]Raging River on planked salmon or on roasted sweet onions
    Red Eye on elk or deer
    Swamp venom on smoked nuts
    Tsunami Spin on tuna steaks
    Shaking the Tree scallops
    Firewalk for hot wings
    Cowlick on brisket
    Raising the Steaks on absolutely any kind of beef
    Dizzy Dust on butt, or as a flavor booster in any kind of sauce or marinade
    [/ul]
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    As a group, the DP rubs are the best I've had. All have a distinct flavor, and a good to exceptional effect. Ragin' River gets used on everything in my house, and when I found myself almost out of Raising the Steaks, I had a moment of panic. Fortunately, Cowlick saved the day.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Red Eye is a must on ABT's. Hubby did simple chicken pieces rubbed in it, left in the fridge for a bit, then baked on the egg inderect at 350 for 20 minutes. Finished by grilling direct. It was extremely tasty, I never thought about Red Eye on chicken but it so works!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Maple bacon wrapped tater tots with DP Shakin' the Tree

also put in on corn on the cob... :cheer:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hope you tried the two new salt frees! I love, love love, them!!
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Even the Regular DP's have a minimum amount of Salt. My wife claims that I am now cooking low salt and it's because I have gone to using the DP as is (but I do MIX them). Each is unique and combined, they really do ROCK. I love to combine Raging River and Red Eye on ribs with a yellow mustard rub. I use Shaking the Tree with Jamaican Firewalk for a splicy chicken. I love Swamp Venom on Catfish filets. I used straight heavy Dizzy Dust on some country ribs last night (with a little EVO). They were wonderful. Chris and DP made us some good stuff. Note: in all fairness DP is Not the only good stuff out there, because, there are a bunch of great rubs and recipes for rubs on this site. Chris does provide me with a set of PREMIXED (store bought) rubs that produce consistant results I can count on. OOOOPS a little long, but, ok I like DP. thanks rc
  • RebelEgg
    RebelEgg Posts: 45
    Also bought the works the other day, its really difficult choosing which one works the best because they are all great. Got a Butt on the egg right now covered in Dizzy Dust Coarse. Can't wait.
  • After cooking a pork shoulder close to 18hrs with enormous success, our dinner guest went out afterwards and purchased the whole set of ten for me as a thank you. My fiance did the same thing. I got double of everything. Yeehaw. :laugh:
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Red Eye on Lamb Chops is one of the greatest things I've ever cooked.
  • LESAGEMIKE
    LESAGEMIKE Posts: 51
    All of them are killer good. It really is hard to pick a favorite. You will not be disappointed!!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    i just got these in today!

i can't wait to get started. i have a couple racks of baby backs for the weekend that i'm going to start with!