Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ThirdEye Grate Lifter

Options
Smokin' In Tally
Smokin' In Tally Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received my grate lifter yesterday and I just have to say that it is a very well made Eggcessory. It's nice to receive a well designed and manufactured product.

Thanks ThirdEye

On a side note, I was amazed at the disclaimer that was included with the product warning users that handling a hot grill grate can cause burns! It's a sad commentary on our society that such a disclaimer is needed to help protect agains law suits. If I lift a hot grill grate and somehow manage to burn myself I don't see how that is anyone's fault but mine.

OK, I feel better now!

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    You're very welcome. Glad you liked it.

I would tend to agree that the use of disclaimers are an incredibly sad statement about our society. It should be noted however, that my opinions are subject to change without notice. Nothing that I say should be construed as having been said by me.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    How true,, Maybe I should put a disclaimer with all the food I cook for the neighbors. :laugh: :ohmy: :sick:
  • jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    Options
    I recently received a 3rd hand lifter also.
    I was very surprised at the quality of construction.
    I have tried to burn myself on the grate lifter several times and failed. With several more attempts and a few beverages, I should be able to tap into the 3rd hard fortune... :laugh:
    I am really happy to replace the pliers and not set the grill on the ground. THe lifter is a great product.
    Keep up the good work.
    jonboy
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I was shocked to learn that I'm not supposed to take a shower with my new toaster. They just don't make stuff like they usta... :laugh: