Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OK, one more post about Flat Irons

StanleyStanley Posts: 623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, one more post about flat irons, then I'll shut up. Did another one for tonight's dinner (no pics - sorry). So simple - this time I just rubbed with pressed garlic, S&P and EVOO. First I grilled some zucchini slices tossed in EVOO, S&P and oregano - about 400°. Pulled the veges and ran her up close to 600°. Steak 90 seconds per side, then flipped a few more times until my Polder Pocket Thermometer* said I was at 125°. 10 minute rest before YUM!!! I've never had better zucchini. I've never had better steak at the price I paid for these flat irons. 'nuff said.

*There are frequently conversations about instant-read thermometers on this forum. While I have no doubt that the $95 Thermapen is wonderful, I have a $15 Polder Pocket Thermometer and I think it is great. I don't doubt that the Thermapen is quicker, but I find my Polder to be plenty fast enough for my needs.

Comments