Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

welcome new egghead

tjvtjv Posts: 3,400
edited 12:54AM in EggHead Forum
My brother, Dan, just bought a large is the pic of his maiden voyage......wings. He is a north Milwaukee fella, Big Cedar Lake. His son has been egging for couple years. They hunt, so no telling what they'll come up with on cooks.

So, if you would, give Dan a welcome and help me encourage him out of the weeds, begin posting.

Maiden20Voyage20001.jpg ACGP, Inc.

• Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Hey Dan nice looking cook. Those wings look so good and even crispy. Good luck with your new egg and Welcome to the Egg Heads. Looking forward of a lot more cooks specialy wild game.
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    Looks like he's off to a good start.

Hope he has a recipe for tree rat ( squirrel ) 'cause unless the hawks and foxes get her sooner.

The yard is filled with tree rats and chipmunks!
  • mijoeymijoey Posts: 58
    Welcome Dan, You will love the world of egging. I was born and raised not too far from you in Racine. Been in Florida the last 50 years. By the way, your bro Tom is a great guy who can send you some nice xmas gifts for your new egg.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Welcome to the cul....I mean group...

Hey how did you get your grid so high??? LOL I might have to get me one of those contraptions....

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    Welcome Dan. Always nice to see another person enjoying the great food a BGE can produce.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations soon.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    If he is your brother, we gotta love him! We're family. Welcome, Dan! Hope we get to meet. I'd love to hear all the stories about how bad Sir Thomas was growing up. You must be a saint. Come on down to the Chicken Ranch on October 4th and join in the cooking and the fun.
    Spring "ready to party" Hen
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Welcome Dan, I see your brother has equipped your Egg already, nice looking cook. -RP
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I think you should cook up some shrimp next :woohoo:
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Hi Dan,
    Welcome. Post often.
  • Welcome to the cult/club and make sure you keep a camera near the Egg.

Lazydog B)
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    Welcome! I bet he already has ALL the accessories. LOL It does my heart good to see a brand new shiny clean EGG
  • East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Welcome aboard, Dan.

Looks like you are off to a great start.

• DeggheadDegghead Posts: 1
    Hey Eggers

Guess I Got Lucky On My First Cook. I Can Say That Those Wings Were As Good As They Looked. I Used Tom's Gear He Calls It The Rig To Get The Wings Up High. Worked Great When I Had To Add Some Lump To Get The Heat Up.
    Thanks For The Support & I'll Be Sure To Post

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looks like dhuffjr gave you a name. :woohoo: Post a few oics.

• dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Kinda feeling like a gump today. ;)

Like ol Forrest sometimes things just go your way.

Angela wants to refill the kids playset with playground mulch and the flower beds. I figured 4 for the playset and 2yds for the flowerbeds. They reversed my order..... so I get about 2 yards of the black flowerbed mulch free :woohoo: and will have 2 yrds that I don't need..... :huh:

Gotta round up a trailer and I'll take the rest to the church and use it there I suppose.

I'd buy some cattle futures but I'd end up like ol Forrest with a shot in the bu-tocks.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,400
    ya'll got him to post........thanks. ACGP, Inc.