Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please help with my STUPIDITY!?

Options
70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, here's the deal. I loaded up the egg yesterday to cook a big rack of spare ribs. (3-2-1 method). They turned out perfect! After I prepped the ribs and thru them on the grill I whipped up a batch of focacchia dough with fresh rosemary, basil, oregano, garlic & evoo. I mixed that in with the dough, and then made the topping with the above plus some asiago cheese and sundried tomatoes. When the ribs were done, and the focacchia rose a few times, I opened up the vents of the egg, got it to 400 or so and put on the focacchia for 25 minutes. Once that was done, I tried to get the last couple degrees of heat out of the egg and cook my 'brined' baked potatoes, but I was out of lump. I finished them up on the gasser.

Anyway, since the lump was pretty much gone, I took the vent cap off and opened the bottom vent to burn the rest. Then I planned on vacuuming the ash this evening. Well, I forgot about it, and left it opened all night. And...you guessed it, big rain storm! When I woke up @ 6 am in a panic, I went out and checked it. There wasn't any standing water in it, and it didn't seem wet, but I know the rain had to get in. My gas grill, that I didn't cover, got filled with rain water in the drip tray. So, what's the plan? Pull out the platesetter, upper ring & fire box & set in the sun? Don't worry about it? I just don't want to fire it up and it crack cause theres moisture in the ceramic.

Thanks!

Comments