Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Team bobby-q, dizzypig rule in D.C.!

The VirginianThe Virginian Posts: 275
edited 4:17PM in EggHead Forum
Big green eggs made quite a showing at the DC Barbeque Battle this weekend in our nation's capital, with Team Bobby-Q finishing second overall and Dizzypig finishing fifth. Notable highlights include:

Team Bobby-Q:
1st place chicken, 1st place brisket.

1st place ribs. 2nd place pork, 4th place brisket

An awesome showing for both teams in a very competitive field with some of the nation's most successful teams.

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    That some really exciting news. Congratulations to both teams!

Both work very hard to produce some great Q and spread the gospel about the egg.

Thanks for sharing
  • whoa dude. .. lets not forget your's and nighthelp's most excellent showing (even if you were cooking with metal, i'm still looking at a BGE in you driveway across the street so its still appropriate to laud your accomplishments here), taking first in pork in the kcbs comp and a HUGE 1st place in pork shoulder in the MIM comp yesterday, finishing second in the MIM to the one and only myron mixon!!!! .. . now that is BIG TIME !!!!!

way to go neighbor!!!!!
    Hats off to Brett as well! Great showing?

Max, did you and Sydney compete or help?
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Well done! With all those firsts and seconds, how could another team have gotten a higher overall score?

What cagegories were missing in the list of the ones that they placed well in?
    Jacks Old South, total sweep, first KCBS, first MIM!!!!!!!

Here are the results of the KCBS competition.
    1 - Jack's Old South
    2- Team Bobby-Q
    3 - Midnite Smokers
    4 - Stoddard and Brown
    5 - Dizzy Pig
    6 - 3EYZ BBQ
    7 - Smoke SHack BBQ
    8 - Pickin' Porkers
    9 - Pellet Envy
    10- Flordia Skin-n-Bones

1 - Team Bobby-Q
    2 - Stoddard and Brown
    3 - Flordia Skin-n-Bones
    4 - Pellet Envy
    5 - 3EYZ
    6 - Jack's Old South
    7 - Smoke Shack
    8 - Midnite Smokers
    9 - Pickin Porkers
    10- Kinsey's BBQ

1 - Dizzy Pig
    2 - Pickin Porkers
    3 - Hardy's Divine
    4 - Jack's Old South
    5 - 3EYZ BBQ
    6 - Fire Starter's
    7 - Team Bobby-Q
    8 - The Cheeseheads
    9 - Pellet Envy
    10- Smoke Shack BBQ

1 - Stoddard and Brown
    2 - Dizzy Pig
    3 - 3EYZ BBQ
    4 - Jacks Old South
    5 - Pickin Porkers
    6 - Midnite Smokers
    7 - Smoked Encounters of the Third Swine
    8 - Hawg Wild
    9 - Old Glory Smokin' Pit
    10- Smoke Shack BBQ

1 - Team Bobby-Q
    2 - Jacks Old South
    3 - Midnite Smokers
    4 - Dizzy Pig
    5 - Smoke Shack BBQ
    6 - Stoddard and Brown
    7 - Smoked Encounters of the Third Swine
    8 - Captain Porkenheimer
    9 - Oasis
    10- Flordia Skin-n-Bones
  • no, sydney was sleeping, chris is working her so hard that she needs the weekend to recover, LOL. .. .and i was just down there making a nuisance of myself for a few hours :lol: . .. i'll tell you though, i feel like i was in the presence of greatness though, being around all those guys. . . dang, they are all really on a roll these days . .. its cool to see!!! brett's basement is starting to look like a junk yard with all that hardware he and andy are collecting!!!
  • BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    I sampled some of Dizzy Pig's ribs yesterday. I'm not surprised they won. Congrats guys!
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Congrats to BobbyQ and the DizzyPig for their greats wins and showing. I saw Bobby Q hoisting his 1st place brisket trophy in the air on Fox news. I did not know or see DizzyPig. You do the egg proud. Thanks, Tom
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Congrats to all the BGE teams :) ......I can't wait to see them in action at Greenwood in a few weeks...
    All of that stuff was in Brett's driveway and car port when I was there. You mean there is more in the basement?! :whistle:
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,366
    Thanks Brett. And a hearty well deserved congrats to the S&B crew. You guys are definitely making a statement!

Congrats to all those that did the walk, and to Myron and Dobie for taking the whole thing!! And yeah MAN!! How about that Team BobbyQ? Waydago Bobby.

Long weekend on the pavement. I think I'm going back to bed ;-)

Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    WOW. That is GREAT guys.
  • Unbelievable!! You & Andy, Chris and Bobby are kickin some major BUTT out there! Congrats to all of those well deserved calls.
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    WOW!! Seems like the Eggs are closing the gap.Terrific job you dudes.After that news it is time to make a micro beer run to celebrate.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Fantastic!! Congrats, Bobby and Chris!