Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low-and-slow tonight - Thanks Mad Max :)

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Another experiment today--brisket hung out in the fridge overnight instead of in the cooker like it was supposed to be doing, so it didn't get started until almost 7AM. One thing different I did tonight was to try Max's method of lighting the lump at 12 o'clock only and letting the fire spread on its own. Did that, and put about 4 pieces of hickory on top, with the fist-sized one going right at the 12:00 lump. Perfection. The fire held steady at 250° with the assistance of my trusty DigiQ II, and I pulled this thing out of the cooker when the food probe hit 195° :

IMG_1188.jpg

We served up the flat this evening:

IMG_1192.jpg

Sent some over to the neighbors, too, for a little taste. Nothing but Rudy's rub and a bit of turbinado sugar. Oak chips mixed in the lump with some hickory pieces and a chunk on top.

Comments