Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

coverage

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Question: Any ideas on the best way to cover the egg and still be able to cook in a rainstorm? I've thought about some small umbrella with a clamp but I'm sure, knowing y'all, there are some innovative ideas out there that I would never think of in a million years.
THANKS!!!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    we can get some real gully washers here in Illinois so this is my rain gear. The egg itself laughs at rain if that's what you are worried about.
    IMG_1240.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dawgtired
    Dawgtired Posts: 632
    Options
    No...Just keeping rain out of it when I'm cooking, especially at high temps when the vent is wide open. Probably not a big problem anyway but I do like your cover. Any tips on how to make one?

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    RRP's is designed for cooking. While not a clamp on this umbrella works for me. Keeps both eggs dry but the chef gets soaked. :angry: :ermm:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That's just a very common roof mount vent cap available for less than $10 and any big box store like orange or blue. Just look in their duct work section.
    IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    BTW they get VERY hot when in use so use something to lift it off.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.