Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

not a fortune, but still a rip off - prime rib

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I took my beloved out for a prime rib dinner at a popular local "nice" restaurant. Just the two entrees of prime rib ran $49 in a total bill of $78 so not a fortune, but just the same not a burger at Micky D's either! I was biting my tongue since my egged prime rib is kick butt compared to that of tonight. While I waited for wifey to break that log jam in the evaluation she piped up saying "yours is better and next one we have at home let's spend more for the meat." Since she was the one who wanted to go tonight I feel it was still money went spent! BGE RULES!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    It sounds like you made a great investment! We rarely go out for steaks. You did yourself a big favor!
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    My wife and kids say the same thing ;) Nothing beats good food cooked on an Egg ;)B)
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    That's the downside of learning to cook very well....it ruins the restaurant experience for you, doesn't it?

My inlaws took our 8 y/o to a tepanyaki restaurant last week and when the waitress was asking them how their food was, he told her it was ok. She asked him what his favorite dish was and my inlaws said that without hestitation, he replied, "Anything my dad makes."

Gotta love that kid:)
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    swib..that's awesome!..I can't remember the last time my wife and I have been to a restaurant..we used to eat out at least twice a week...seems like in another life now!!..I eat out frequently due to business and am always disappointed in the food...I keep my mouth shut.. but I'm thinking..wadda waste, I can beat this with my eyes shut!!...spend your money on good fresh prime meat and sides!..oh..and you get leftovers to boot!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    What we do now is just go to ethnic restaurants; indian, vietnamese, lebanese etc. Even that's not perfect cause I just end up trying to figure out how to cook the stuff on the egg.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NooBBQ
    NooBBQ Posts: 134
    My friends curse me on a regular basis for ruining their steak house experience.

Remarks like: "I had steak at restaurant X, and it was good, but not as good as the steak we had at your house, #$#%#^^#^#^ you for ruining our dinners"

nooBBQ,
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    It kind of Pi... ya off doesn't it! LOL we are the same way now. Had to eat out on a trip and just the 2 of us it was just over 50 and that was for an less than ok meal and we kept saying the rest of the ride home"that would have bought some really nice steaks for the egg!
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Buy the Prime before that offer wears off! lol