Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WEBMASTER FORUM CHECK

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All running smoothly for you guys so far?

Let us know if you have any problems.

Feedback appreciated as well.

Comments

• This is a great improvement! Thank you
    Jim
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great from where i am sitting!!!

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Just checked it out for the 1st time. Tried some of the top buttons, and everything seems to work fine.

Looks good.

-John
  • WPB,

Working Great.

When are you hooking up Smell-O-Vision?
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    oops, wrong place.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Only one small issue. I would love to see more info on the profile page.

Like real name (can be optional), location (city, state ... can also be optional).
  • Hello- I have not been able to register. Tried several times over several months, but cant seem to get it togehter. Is it a problem with my yahoo email?
    I have posted under the handle East Bay Al numerous times, and would like to keep it, if possible.
    I'd appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Al
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Everything running fine here.

Thanks!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Right now, the best feedback I can give is: You guys rock! Thanks.
  • mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    Once I learned how to collapse the Update Central and Eggfest Central all is good. Thanks for all of your time and hard work.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • I still can't activate my profile or login
    thestormydog. I have sent a few emails as well as posted and never recieved a response. Please help I miss the forum
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    TheStormyDOg,

Your account is already active and confirmed. You are good-to-go provided you remember your username and password.

If not, you can request a new password using the "Forgotten my password" link in the "Member Login" box at the left of the screen (you have to have the left panel visible to see it -- see the quick start for more info on this).
  • WMK
    East Bay Al,

You have two accounts. One of them is "East Bay Al", and, the other is "East Bay Al123". The "primay" open (i.e. w/out the "123") has "nospam" in the email address, otherwise the two account are using the same email address. I assume that the correct address is the one w/out the "nospam"? Let me know, and I'll update both accounts (because two accounts cannot share an email address) and then send out a confirmation email for your primary account so you can get going.
  • WMK
    Smokey,

There are a few issues with the "integrated" profiles that we wish to address. We'll add more complete info to the list.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    For those that prefer can't it be posted under more info on the profile page??
  • FlaPoolman
    Love the new look. No problems here. Thanks again for all the hard work. Where's the tip jar??
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    I'm checking in after a long hiatus because the previous format incarnation was a little too much for me to wade through. This is effortless and I hope you can hear my applause!

I have one suggestion: The actual message in the posting is hard to find immediately because of all the surrounding words in the same font and typeface. How can you make the message itself stand out ?
    Judy in San Diego
  • WMK- Thanks for your help.
    You are correct about the email- "no spam" was inserted and may be the problem. So take that part out, the rest is fine.
    And "East Bay Al" is fine- the other was an attempt to fix it on my own, so it can be deleted. One account is plenty.
    Thanks again.

BTW- I like the new format, the Return to Index feature, the shrink down info and Eggfest buttons, etc. Good Job!
    Al
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Thanks it is very nice, no problems.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WMK
    East Bay Al,

Your profile was not yet activated; so, I modified the email address, disabled the second account, and sent out an activation email for your original profile.

You'll need to choose a password, and supply any other required profile fields during activation. Then, we'll send you a confirmation email (a bit redundant in your case if you receive the activation email -- but that's how the system works), and you'll just need to click on the link in the confirmation email to complete activation of your account. After that, you'll be good-to-go.
  • WMK
    Judy Mayberry,

We'll look into some measure to better separate the message body from the navigation and post information. We'd like to avoid to many different font and type faces and such, but we'll do something to make it stand out more.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    You guys hit a grand slam here, seems a whole lot faster too. -RP
  • WMK
    FlaPoolman,

We're not yet sure where we'll put it yet.

But, what do you mean by, "for those that prefer it"? I.e., prefer on "more info" as opposed to what?
  • FlaPoolman
    Just that some have added full names, city, work, etc,,and links to blogs and or web pages under more info in the profile. Others have added their city and state to their signature. Just saying we can add as much info the way it's setup now. Another link would be good but we can add the info as is. The new look is great and thanks for all the work and problem solving.
  • WMK
    FlaPoolman,

Okay, I see what you mean now.

Actually, we have considered doing something about all of the links in the signatures as many of them amount to free advertising. We (WPB and I) would like to charge for such things to help support all the work that goes into the forum and its maintenance, though I'm not sure BGE would go for that; and, I suspect most would simply remove the links rather than pay for them.
  • East Bay Al
    East Bay Al Posts: 101
    It worked, I'm logged in. Thanks again.
    Al
  • Is there a way to turn off Update central and Eggfest central when looking at a post. Whenever I look at a post or a reply to a post, update and Eggfest central also pops up on the top portion of the screen and I always have to scroll down to read the post. It may or may not have to do with the fact that I just upgraded to Firefox 3.0 but I never had this before.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Chuck_K
    Chuck_K Posts: 47
    I'm running XP SP3 and Firefox 3.0. No problems so far and I really like the look of the new forum! Thanks for all your efforts.
  • Thank You - Everything is great. You do great work!!