Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chimnea

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 10:44PM in EggHead Forum
couple of weeks late and minus the spark guard but at least it is here. toasty warm chimnea cold wine wish i was not working tomorrow .

chimnea003.jpg

chimnea004.jpg
·

Comments

• BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Looks real toasty. My suggestion to you is to call in sick tomorrow...lol
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    good idea, but i am self employed and the boss is a jerk!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    have you used it to cook?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Very Cool!.. uh..I'm mean hot!
    ·
    not yet tonight was the first fire. will post pics when i do
    ·
  • BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
    I have not heard of anyone cooking in/with a chimanea.... What kind of wonderful things are done?!
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    bill,

I hope that it's cool enough to use that where you are...it's been 100° plus for the past two weeks here in Texas. That looks like it could keep you pretty warm when you're tending to the low-and-slow cooks during the cooler seasons. Does the spark screen not come as part of the unit when you buy it?
    ·
    just got it yesterday and it has been a bit cooler than normal the last few days. the screen is supposed to come wiht it but the regional distributer and retailer cannot seem to get things together. took me a month to get it and did not get the screen.
    hopefully will keep my famous toes warm in the winter while i am eggin
    bill
    ·
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 19
    Looks great!! Keep us posted on how you like it!
    ·