Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

chimnea

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 7:57AM in EggHead Forum
couple of weeks late and minus the spark guard but at least it is here. toasty warm chimnea cold wine wish i was not working tomorrow .

chimnea003.jpg

chimnea004.jpg

Comments

• BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Looks real toasty. My suggestion to you is to call in sick tomorrow...lol
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    good idea, but i am self employed and the boss is a jerk!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,539
    have you used it to cook?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Very Cool!.. uh..I'm mean hot!
    not yet tonight was the first fire. will post pics when i do
  • BlueRidgeBlueRidge Posts: 84
    I have not heard of anyone cooking in/with a chimanea.... What kind of wonderful things are done?!
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    bill,

I hope that it's cool enough to use that where you are...it's been 100° plus for the past two weeks here in Texas. That looks like it could keep you pretty warm when you're tending to the low-and-slow cooks during the cooler seasons. Does the spark screen not come as part of the unit when you buy it?
    just got it yesterday and it has been a bit cooler than normal the last few days. the screen is supposed to come wiht it but the regional distributer and retailer cannot seem to get things together. took me a month to get it and did not get the screen.
    hopefully will keep my famous toes warm in the winter while i am eggin
    bill
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 19
    Looks great!! Keep us posted on how you like it!