Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cole Slaw Recipe

Options
Pitmaster
Pitmaster Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

I am smoking a brisket and pork butt this weekend and would like to get your best cole slaw recipe. I tried looking under recipes and not much there. Can you help me? I am getting my XL next Saturday (at the Eggs By The Bay Fest). Thanks in advance.

John

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    It made lots of money for the Colonel.

Slaw, KFC Style, Thirdeye

Smoke and Beers,Here is the Colonel's recipe I was talking about.

INGREDIENTS:
    8 cups very finely chopped cabbage
    1/4 cup shredded carrot
    1/3 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1- 1/2 Tbs white vinegar
    2- 1/2 Tbs lemon juice

Procedure:
    1 Be sure that the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces, about the size of rice kernels. Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Recipe Type
    Salad, Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: thirdeye

Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 2006/04/01
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i was doing briskets awhile back and i was sick of the creamy slaws i had eaten lately and decided to do one a little diffrent here is the one i found and everyone raved about it:::

Slaw, Pineapple, BigMista's

Smokey,Looks good, I've always liked salads with grapefruit or Mandarin orange slices.Here is a pineapple slaw that is tasty too. It's really good with Chinese stick ribs or barbecued pork.~thrideye~

1 head cabbage, shredded
    1 can pineapple chunks (SAVE THE JUICE)
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    1 Tbs blackpepper
    1 Tbs salt
    1 Tbs brown sugar

Put the cabbage in a bowl. Add the pineapple (I like to give it a rough chop first). Mix the vinegar with 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour over the cabbage and pineapple. Toss. Eat.

Recipe Type
    Salad

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 02/24/07

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Commercial broccoli cut slaw and Marzetti Slaw Dressing. Best, most consistent I've ever had. Several others echoed the same a few weeks back. It's sure worth a try. I won't butt my head against the wall for scratch slaw again.

Mike
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    No joke. This is the best!

DSCI0010-13.jpg