Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Success

Trailblazer1229
Trailblazer1229 Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All,
Thanks for the ideas for the pizza. They worked great. This was my 6th use of the Egg. All diffrerent food items so far. I used the plate setter, feet down; Egg feet; then pizza stone. i don't think I had enough charcoal in the box as it was difficult to get to temp and hard to stay there. I had to drom more charcoal in from the side as I went along. As I did that, it got hotter and hotter. 1st pizza went in at 500 and temp dipped to about 450 for 20 minutes. Super crisp and tasty. The second went in at 550 and dipped to about 520 for 15 min. Again, super tasty and crisp. In the future, I think a full fire box at 550 is the way to go. i also used the parchment paper technique for transfer. I pulled the paper out from under the pizza after 5 min on the first one and 3 min on the second. Worked like a charm. I do reccommend leaving a liite section of paper so you can pull it out easily. The paper started to burn a bit at 3 min at 550.
Over all, incredible pizza.

Comments