Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...I'm No Longer A Virgin

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been going to professional baseball games for over thirty years and at least ten games per year. I finally caught my first foul ball in last night's game...even made the "jumbotron". I was tempted to throw the ball back onto the field of play when I read on it: "made in China", but I thought to myself after it took me thirty two years to get one, it might be another thirty years before I get another one.

321851650.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Congrats...i went to Dodger stadium once. The people I went with had box seats behind first base. The guy said "they never hit foul balls here". He went to get beer and I was talking to his wife with an empty seat between us (where he was sitting). I saw something out of the corner of my eye and before I could move, my beer cup was knocked out of my hand and beer went everywhere....it was a foul ball..it hit my cup & landed in his seat...when he came back his wife and I were both dying laughing...I let him have the ball... :P
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    sweet congrats...i caught a ball at a minor league game here years ago... at the time we had a braves farm team in town.. after i caught the ball i went to the press box thing where hank arron was sitting he signed the ball for me it is in a glass case right now ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I still have my first (and only) ball, an American League ball that was a ground rule double hit by George Brett back in the 80s.

I just got season tickets to a AAA team for next season, so maybe my luck will improve. I've had 1/2 season tickets to the Braves for the past 4 years, but traffic makes it so hard to get to the stadium I only go to 8-10 games a year. I share the others with my business partners, but they have never got a foul ball in those seats either.

Congrats on yours.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Rod,

I live 5 minutes from where the Gwinnett Braves stadium will be. I am looking forward to watching them for a long time....
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    Great!! That means dinner off Kims eggs any night I can get tickets!! LOL :laugh:
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Well maybe you can stop by for appetizers.... B)
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    IMHO...farm baseball is the best. You get to see these young prospects turn into the next Babe Ruth's. The seats are great and the prices can't be beat. Do you remember a player for the Braves back in the 70's by the name of Mickey Mahler (I think that is his name)? I think he was a pitcher.

The Braves were out here in San Francisco playing the Giants. He tossed the ball to my brother after pregame workouts. Something you don't forget after thirty years.
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    Treasure that ball. Hank Aaron was an awesome hitter.
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    That's cool. I don't know what would be worse...getting hit in the head with a foul ball not knowing it, or the foul ball destroying your beer.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    I think he and his brother Rick both played for the Braves.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Kim/Tom,

I got on the reserved list early for seats. The prices kind of shocked me, but I am still planning to buy 4 tickets. If you guys want to get in on the deal let me know because I will certainly not go to 72 games a year.

Maybe if we spread the cost among 2-3 of us it will be more palatable.

Let me know.

If you aren't interested, I will still pass them on to you guys throughout the year. The stadium is almost halfway between your house and mine Kim.

Let me know your thoughts, I should have very good selection on tickets, I was on the list the second day it was open.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea i was and still am rooting against barry bonds

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    I'm heading for PGE Park shortly to watch my PCL Beavers play Tucson this evening.
  • Stanley
    Options
    Beavers beat the Sidewinders 4-3 in the bottom of the 10th. Got my hands on one of those balls myself (tossed by a Sidewinder at the end of an inning - not a jumbotron catch, I assure you) but promptly gave it to the youngster he was trying to throw it to.

"A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz." - Humphrey Bogart
  • CaptGrumpy
    CaptGrumpy Posts: 58
    Options
    Am I the only RiverCats fan here??? B)
  • Stanley
    Options
    You mean the River Rats? Used to be a fan when I was in NoCal, but now I gotta support my Beavers. Gotta admit though, Sack-a-tomatoes is kicking some butt!
  • CaptGrumpy
    CaptGrumpy Posts: 58
    Options
    Actually I am a little hard on the Beaver but it is always in the River cats interest to do that to all the teams. I love the minors more than going down to the big boys and spending so much more money than they are worth. Having the Rivercats here is a dream come true.