Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket on, and off yummy!

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
And I think this one might be "the One" so far it is moist and have the prettiest bark ever. temp is holding so must be in the platou looking forward to dinner tonight! Brisket, corn on the cob on the egg and the diced potatoes with dizzy pig.
newbrisket.jpg
I messed up and put it on fat up then read it was supposed to be fat down so I lost a chunk of bark.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Lookin good! I want to see the finished pictures before you dig in!
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    Thats is the question LOL Kinda like which came first, the chicken or the EGG (pun intended, hehe)I put mine Up for the reson of it self basting and I always get a great bark but some say down gets a better bark. Don't sweat it either way cause it'll be darn good either way!!!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    WOW!! Very happy with the finished product. Did diced potatoes with dried herbs. was going to dizzy pig them but had that on the brisket so skipped it for tonight. and roasted corn in the hull. the brisket sliced perfectly and was moist and the sauce just added to it. Instead of using beef broth when it went in the cooler to rest I pour a cup of red wine over it. very nice flavor.
    juicybris.jpg
    dicedpot.jpg
    cornbris.jpg
    we are full! and hubby will have some nice sammies for lunch tomorrow. :cheer: